These deliciously light banana and carob muffins are a healthy alternative to commercial chocolate chip varieties. These muffins are high in fibre and use olive oil instead of butter.
Banana and Carob Chip Muffins
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup raw organic honey
- ½ cup light olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1¼ cups diced ripe banana
- ¼ cup small carob chip pieces
- Preheat oven to 180oC (350oF/Gas 4). Place muffin cases in a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl, mix until well combined.
- In another bowl add all liquid ingredients, whisk until well combined.
- Slowly pour liquid into dry ingredients and gently combine. Be careful not to over mix as this will result in a heavy muffin.
- Gently fold in banana and carob chips.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes and bake for 30 minutes, until muffins have risen and are golden brown.
Allow muffins to sit for 5 minutes on a cooling rack.